Monday, February 22, 2010

My Current Obsession

So, my newest project is requiring me to come up with a design for a bar.  Not just any bar, but a gentlemen's bar that can flow easily into a grille area and informal dining space.  My concept behind this whole project is Nantucket/eastern shore based design.  A coastal relaxed feel that is approachable, airy, and timeless.  The total square feet of the project is around 300,000, but it is these intimate spaces that speak to the residents and make lasting memories.  As I was coming up with the concepts for this space, I was immediately inspired by the cover of the latest ELLE DECOR!  It is both hadsome and feminine with a juxtaposition of darkness and light, feminine and masculine.  I just love how they have mixed the artwork...what a great look!  Thought you all might like to see what has inspired me today!

ELLE DECOR COVER

1 comment:

Angel said...

I'm so glad that you are sharing your ideas. You have impecable taste, it's nice to be able to pick your brain.