Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 4th!


Ooooo, I'm a slacker! I'm just now getting around to telling ya'll about our July 4th weekend. We went to the Richardson family vacation home in Beaufort, South Carolina. It is located on St. Helena island and we affectionately call it Village Creek. I love it there! It is so quiet and just such an escape from our busy hectic life. We're on "Island Time" when we're there.

We took some friends with us and enjoyed playing in the pool, going out on the boat, shopping and eating some incredible food while we were there. We had around 40 people show up to help us celebrate the 4th. Everyone brought dishes and we had some spread....reminded me of a Del Priore Easter...though still not as loud-HA!!!! Did you know that fireworks are illegal in Beaufort County? Yeah, neither did I. So, miss Belle didn't get to see any fireworks but I have a feeling she would have loved them.

Belle did join in on the festivities, sporting her sun hat and swimsuit and seemed to love all the excitement of the weekend. Hopefully, this will become a tradition for us as a family.

I've included some pictures of Village Creek and us playing around the pool!

6 comments:

Liz Ann said...

I'm glad to see you came back to your blog. I'm glad y'all got to have a little "island" retreat. I could really go for one of those right now.

BTW...you look fabulous for just having a baby. It must be those Del Priore genes =)

Marina said...

Lizzy, you stole my comment...I was going to say the same thing: Christie, you look sooo good!!! You can't even tell you've had a baby.

And, when I was looking at the house, I thought that was yours bc it has the same style wrap around. Anyway, gorgeous! It makes me miss SC. The trees, grass, plants...jealous. All my senses were coming back and I could smell the sweet air. Ahh, if only.

I love the serious look of Belle! What on earth was she looking at? So cute.

Christie Richardson said...

Thank ya'll sooo much! I'm getting there...almost where I was before the baby. I definately think it's the genes ;)

That pic of Belle was just too funny. She's usually such a funny little monkey, but the guys were bouncing that ball all around and she was just SO intent on it! She didn't know what that was but she got all excited after that waving her little arms around and smiling. She is so curious and inquisitive about things. It just cracks me up.

Glad to be back and I won't stay gone so long next time :)

Marina said...

Good. I'm glad you're going to post more often. We miss and love y'all and definitely want to know what's going on.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Belle has grown! And those cheeks.....I just wanna pinch em!

We need to get our girls together sometime soon. We need to get us girls together sometime soon too! Ha! If I get to Columbia early enough on Sunday afternoon I'll call you and stop by for a short visit. We fly out Monday morning---yippie!

Christie Richardson said...

Yes, little Belle is growing by the day! And YES about us girls needing to get together. I need some Tyson time-Ha ;)! I know you're going to have som much fun in Europe. I'm jealous! Be safe and I hope to see you on Sunday!